Gateway Ambassador Search
20 January - 25 March
From local and international retail to one of the largest entertainment offerings under one roof, Gateway Theatre of Shopping offers an unprecedented world class shopping experience! The Gateway Brand Ambassador Search 2017 aims to find one girl and one guy to represent Gateway on multiple platforms, and have a whole lot of fun doing it!
So…you would like to enter but you’re not sure where to start? Don’t worry; we have put together a few steps that will get you well on your way. If you have additional questions feel free to give us a call!
What are we looking for? We are looking for a guy and a girl who truly represent the ultimate Gateway lifestyle. Two people who are social, have great personal style, are outgoing and confident in front of a camera, and who LOVE to have fun at Gateway Theatre of Shopping. It’s also important to have a good nature, congenial personality and a respectful way of interacting with others. If this sounds like you then we’d love to see your entry!
What can you win? The Gateway Brand Ambassadors will walk away with over R100 000 in prizes and the opportunity to profile themselves at VIP events and in the media – you may even find yourself on the red carpet ;) For a more detailed listing of the prizes, please read the T’s & C’s.
How can you enter? The process is simple, with multiple ways to submit your entry, please follow the procedure carefully to avoid disqualification:
- Record a 15-30 second video that tells us why you want to be a Gateway Brand Ambassador – be as creative as you like – but remember what we are looking for!
- Complete an entry form – you can pick one up at the Information Desk or download it from www.gatewayworld.co.za.
- Submit your video through one (only one) of the following channels;
- Upload to Instagram – Your video can be a maximum of 30 seconds long. Make sure you tag @GatewayUmhlanga and use the hash tag #GatewayAmbassador OR
- Upload to Twitter – make sure you tag @GatewayUmhlanga and use the hash tag #GatewayAmbassador OR
- Upload to Facebook – Tag Gateway Theatre of Shopping VIP and use the hash tag #GatewayAmbassador OR
- Via Email – Send your video (no larger than 9MB) to email@example.com OR
- Old school – drop off a clearly labeled envelope containing a DVD or USB stick at our Information Desk during trading hours – make sure you sign in your entry with the Information Desk Team. Please note that DVD’s and USB’s will not be returned.
- NOTE! If you enter via social channels, please email a copy of your completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org – please ensure you tell us what your social handle is so we can match your entry form to your online video. You will know we have received your video when we comment on it! If you enter by dropping off your DVD or USB at our Information Desk, please make sure your entry form is inside your envelope and that the envelope is sealed. If you enter via email, please attach your entry form to the email.
How does the judging process work?
- Once we have received your video, it will be evaluated and assessed by our judges.
- Should your submission be shortlisted (in our sole discretion), you may be contacted for more information. If you don’t hear from us, please consider your entry unsuccessful.
- The judges will then choose the top ten girls and top ten guys. Should you be selected you will need to be present for an interview on Friday 17 March 2017, between approximately 12:00 – 18:00. The venue for this judging round will be confirmed prior. If you are unable to attend this interview please understand that you will forfeit your entry.
- Once interviews have been concluded, the judges will choose two girls and two guys as Finalists, whilst the public will be able to vote for their favourite girl and guy to be included in the Top 6. The public will be able to vote by liking the entrant’s photo in an album posted on Gateway’s Facebook Page. The girl and guy with the most likes respectively will form part of the final six. Liking of the entrant’s photos will be conducted from the 17th March – 24th March and will close at 9:00 am on the 24th March 2017. All 6 Finalists will be announced on Friday 24 March.
- The 6 Finalists will need to be available for an approximate 2 day photo shoot and final judging process on the 30th & 31st March 2017. Again, if you are not able to attend these two days, your entry will be forfeited.
- The winners (one girl & one guy) will be announced on the 31 March 2017.
Some important things to remember:
Download The Application Form
Download Terms and Conditions
- Entries open 20th January 2017 and close at midnight on 5th March 2017.
- No early submissions (before 20 January 2017) will be accepted. The same goes for late submissions after 5th March 2017, 00:00 CAT.
- Entrants need to be between the ages of 18 and 34 – should you reach the Finals, you will be asked to produce a valid copy of your ID Document.
- You must be a resident of the greater Durban area and should be a South African Citizen – or have permanent residency status in South Africa.
- If you are selected as a winner of the competition, you will be required to fulfill certain duties and responsibilities over a 10 month period – please ensure you are available and willing to do so.
- Incorrect usage or spelling of the #GatewayAmbassador hash tag will make your entry null and void (only applicable if you enter via social media).
- It is important to read the terms and conditions of entry – you will find them on the link below…