The #MYGATEWAY Fresh Face Search 2018
Are you a fun, charismatic and rad individual who lives and breathes Gateway Theatre of Shopping?
Then we are looking for you!
Gateway Theatre of Shopping is searching for the ultimate #GSquad! We’re looking for 3 girls and 2 guys who are social, have great personal style, are outgoing and confident in front of the camera and who love to have fun at Gateway. The 2018 #GSquad will walk away with over R150,000 in prizes between themselves, as well as a platform for nationwide exposure!
So.. you would like to enter but you’re not sure where to start? Not to worry, we have put together a few steps that will get you well on your way. If you have additional questions feel free to give us a call!
What are we looking for? We are looking for fresh faces and fun personalities who’d love to interact with our shoppers, our tenants and our marketing team. It’s important to have a good nature, congenial character and a respectful way of interacting with others. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to see your entry!
What can you win? The #GSquad will walk away with over R150,000 in prizes as well as the opportunity to profile themselves at VIP events and in the media – you may even find yourself on the red carpet. For a more detailed listing of the prizes, please read the T’s & C’s.
How can you enter? The process is simple, with multiple ways to submit your entry, please follow the procedure carefully to avoid disqualification:
- Record a 15 - 30 second entry video that tells us why you want to join our squad. Entries close at midnight on Sunday 15 April 2018, so ENTER NOW!
- Submit your video through one (only one) of the following channels;
- Upload to Instagram – Make sure you tag @GatewayUmhlanga and use the hash tag #MyGateway OR
- Upload to Twitter – make sure you tag @GatewayUmhlanga and use the hash tag #MyGateway OR
- Upload to Facebook – Tag Gateway Theatre of Shopping VIP and use the hash tag #MyGateway OR
- Via Email – Send your video (no larger than 9MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old school – drop off a clearly labelled envelope containing a DVD or USB stick at our Information Desk during trading hours – make sure you sign in your entry with the info desk team. Please note that DVDs and USB’s will not be returned.
NOTE! If you enter via social channels, please email a copy of your completed entry form to email@example.com – please ensure you tell us what your social handle is so we can match your entry form to your online video. You will know we have received your video when we comment on it! If you enter by dropping off your DVD or USB at our Information Desk, please make sure your entry form is inside your envelope and that the envelope is sealed. If you enter via email, please attach your entry form to the email.
What happens next?
- Once we have received your video, it will be evaluated and assessed by our judges.
- Should your submission be shortlisted (in our sole discretion), your may be contacted for more information. If you don’t hear from us, please consider your entry unsuccessful.
- The judges will then choose the top ten girls and top ten guys, should you be selected you will need to be present for an interview on Fri 20th April 2018, between 11am & 3pm at AHA Gateway Hotel. If you are unable to attend this interview please understand that you will forfeit your entry.
- During the top 20 round, our judges will select their favourite 2 girls and 1 guy. These 3 judges choices will form part of the final #GSquad. The public will have the opportunity to choose the final guy and girl as part of a Facebook Competition.
- These 5 winners will also need to be available for the following initial commitments;
- 4th May 2018 - #GSquad reveal at Gateway
- 10th & 11th May 2018 (and possibly half day on 9th May) – Gateway Photoshoot
- 16th & 17th May 2018 – Orientation & Prize handover.
Again, if you are not able to attend the above dates, your entry will be forfeited.
Some important things to remember:
- Entries open 20th March 2018 and close at midnight on 15th April 2018.
- No early submissions will be accepted. The same goes for late submissions after 15th April 12 Midnight.
- Entrants need to be between the ages of 18 and 32 – should you reach the top 20, you will be asked to produce a valid copy of your ID Document.
- You must be a resident of the greater Durban area and should be a South African Citizen – or have permanent residency status in South Africa.
- As one of the winners of the competition, you will be required to fulfill certain duties and responsibilities over a 10 month period – please ensure you are available and willing to do so.
- Incorrect usage or spelling of the #MyGateway hash tag will make your entry null and void (only applicable if you enter via social media).
- It is important to read the terms and conditions of entry – you will find them below...